Saturday, February 18, 2017

Making Gloves and Other Happenings

Sorry for the lack of posts. Grad classes, senior fundraising, and science fair have been keeping me extra busy. This is now my second free weekend in a row. However, last weekend I was catching up on sleep from the RTI conference in Anchorage that we went to. It was a great conference but due to weather we were unable to get back home on Monday. Instead we got back Thursday. So in other words we got another 3 nights in lovely town of Bethel (insert sarcasm).

This week has been a little crazy. We have had many days of delayed start due to weather. It has been very cold and windy. Here is a sample of one of the days and what Nali experienced going outside. She was not very happy as the prospect of going out.


This weekend I already took a break from my usual homework and lesson plans mixed with watching Chuck and did some new things. On Friday our Yup'ik teacher invited a few of us for some fur sewing. We used dental floss for the thread (who knew that was a thing).





I was able to work on this between yesterday and today and here is the product so far. I will have to wait until Monday to find out what my next steps are.


Also on Friday I went to the community Yuraq practice with Kelsey. She has been going for a while but I have usually had homework or Senior stuff. So last night I was convinced to go. It was a lot of fun and I was exhausted by the time we got home at about 9:00pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment