Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring Break


A couple of weeks ago we had a spring break!! It was so much fun but traveling was a pain. The first day we tried to get out all day, but our flights were all cancelled. We finally got out the next day in the evening. Then on the way back I got stuck in Bethel for another night. This will definitely affect my plans for next spring break. I think traveling for vacation is a little overacted.

While in Anchorage we took a trip to Seward. Nali loved the long car ride so much. She slept, tried to be the driver, and found seats on all of us.








We also got to see the Iditarod. After 3 years of being here I finally got to see the ceremonial start. This is Dallas Seavey who ended up winning the Iditarod this year.

The funniest thing was the running of the reindeer. We actually got to run 4 blocks while they had reindeer run between us. It was really funny to see people try to ride the reindeer, and they were not going to have any part in this. Obviously they were really drunk.

The best part was going to Gwennie's later that evening. My mom insisted we go even though I told here was probably just a local greasy dive. I was right. Here is who my Grandma got to sit next to.

No comments:

Post a Comment