Saturday, February 6, 2016

So many things, so little time...

I have been so busy. Coaching, teaching, chaperoning, and taking classes online have led to a crazy semester.

Our school sent high school students to perform at AFN. This is a gathering for Alaska Natives. They have meeting and discuss what is going on and then they celebrate with Eskimo dance at night. Our high schoolers did great!!





Next came Halloween. Nail just loves Halloween. This year she was a Dinosaur and I was a worker at Jurassic World. It was so much fun. So many students and staff participated this year making it so much fun. It was tough to choose the best costumes. I remember my first year very few outside of the elementary participated, and now we have quite a few middle and high schoolers joining in. I also remember that no teachers really dressed up my first year. Even I didn't. This year I don't think there was a teacher who didn't participate. 

I stole this pic from Kelly's Facebook. Thanks Kelly!!


This year I was also helping the seniors try to raise money for their class. We had asked for a popcorn and slushie machine on donorschoose. Here is the popcorn machine in action. We had a lot of fun playing volleyball and selling some concessions to try to raise money.


A beautiful day for cross country skiing. This was the sunset as we headed back. It was a great weekend right before a headed back for Christmas.
I torture my dog. Nali had to deal with some dress up during New Years. Doesn't she look happy? I had a great time at home for Christmas and New Year's, but it was far too short. I wish it could've lasted longer.  


When Whitney and I returned from Christmas Break this year we had a surprise, a huge pile of snow in our doorway. It was so much fun shoveling it all just so we could get our stuff inside! NOT!!

I think I am starting to get settled back in now. As soon as I returned I left 2 days later to chaperone high school basketball at a tournament in Scammon Bay. I was gone for about 5 days. Then about 2 weeks later all the staff at Toksook Bay travelled to Anchorage for the RTI conference. This was my 3rd year going. I learned some very great things here that I hope to use in the classroom.







I'll leave you all with a picture of Nali stealing my seat. She doesn't look guilty at all. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment