Saturday, February 13, 2016

Running

I have been attempting to run outside. In the last week I have probably tried it about 4 times. A few of the days were far too windy and cold, plus I was super busy anyway. Nali has been my running buddy. She absolutely loves it!!

Nali smelling the ice on the beach. A few weeks ago they caught a few belugas.




I have had to get some gear. I have shoes called icebugs. They are waterproof and have built in spikes. They work great for the ice roads. I have windproof leggings and a a jacket with windstopper. Usually I wear tall thick socks and just a long sleeve 1/4 zip top underneath the jacket. For my head I just wear a headband and if it is extra cold I use the hood on my jacket.











The views on my run have been spectacular. I usually get a very beautiful sunset. I always have to run after school so I usually don't get out until 6 or later at night. Last light is about 7:20 pm.






 Here is a video that I forgot to post. About 3 weeks ago I was in Anchorage for the RTI conference and I took Nali with me. On our way out Bethel was super cold and her poor legs were freezing up. So I got her some booties. Rita (a co-worker and my roommate for the conference) took an awesome video. You can decide how much Nali liked her gift.



On another not while in Anchorage there was a 7.1 magnitude earthquake with an epicenter located about 160 miles away. I was on the 11th floor of the Hilton in downtown Anchorage. Rita yelled at me and I literally jumped out of bed. She says Nali was dead asleep and sat up a little before the earthquake, she knew it was coming. Our room shook like crazy! The toilet water slopped out of the toilet and all over the floor. I must be crazy because I thought it was kind of fun. I mean that is after I realized our building was still standing. The room shook for probably 2 minutes. It was very eventful.

This year has been crazy. Fork 3 weeks we had unsafe drinking water, I experienced an earthquake on the 11th floor, and now we have had a TB outbreak. Can't wait to find out what is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment